Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What a bargain!!


 I was hanging out online the other day, and was browsing through the antiques on KSL... one of my favorite time-wasters.  Normally, this is a pretty safe way for me to shop because I generally can't afford anything I really want on there -- and I am OK with that. But this time, I stumbled upon a really great deal and I really couldn't pass it up.  


For $180, we got 7 lights, four of which are shown above.  We also got 17 really ornate light switch and electrical outlet covers, and a whole bunch of cabinet hardware.  Granted, we didn't necessarily like all of the hardware.  And, we are not certain that we even have definite homes for all of the lights.  But..... we can worry about that later.

Work on the house is progressing ever so slowly.  Curtis is basically done with what he can do in the kitchen, and he has moved on to what used to be a bathroom right off the living room.  The first time we ever walked through the house, I just thought that was the dumbest place for a bathroom.  So, that area is now going to become a coat closet in the living room, and a mudroom/small bathroom, to be accessed back by the kitchen/back door.

And, just because it is now 2011, I can now say.... we will be moving this summer.  Not next year, or next summer.  We won't be at all done, and we will be living in the madness.  But, we will be living IN OUR HOUSE.  Me and the girls can take a little walk down to our favorite spot on the "beach" at Hyrum Dam.  On the one hand, I am thrilled.  On the other...... it is going to be a very long winter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment