Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moving quickly now

It seems like a ton of time has passed, because we have done so much, but really, it has only been a week or so.  Wow!! 

In the last week, we finished up the laundry room.  Curtis let me do the plumbing for the washer while he worked on running new gas line for the dryer. Curtis built the arches for the doorways in the kitchen and I LOVE THEM!!! They will be so pretty when we get the sheetrock and painting all done.  I am almost done doing the insulation for Cara's room, and I have a couple more pieces to do by the back door. 

Now Curtis is working on the electrical in the living room. Every day I spend up there with him, I can't help but know how lucky I am.  We could have moved in as soon as he bought the place, and most people would have.  But Curtis isn't "most people."   It was really important to him to know that the plumbing all works right before he turns the water on, and he wanted to check out the electrical, because it was very difficult to determine what went where. 

And I am so glad. 

To date, Curtis has pulled just over a half a mile of new wire for the house and the shop.  I say it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment