Sunday, January 16, 2011

We have a mudroom!!!!

Just a quick post....... the mudroom/bath is framed, plumbed, wired and the backerboard is down.  I am so excited to have a place for all of the shoes/coats/backpacks to land.  That part is all ready for sheetrock, and we did some shopping today for a mirror and light fixtures. 

We also have the backerboard finished in the kitchen.  I got to spend the day with Curtis yesterday, so I was able to help him get the screws in .  Of course, if you ask him he will tell you I am not allowed to help anymore.... because I ran out of screws. 

I have picked out the tile I want..... problem is, we have a LOT of tile to put down.  For the kitchen/dining, pantry, mudroom, entry and half bath, it is 753 square feet.  Yikes..... maybe I need to shop around some more!!!
The bathroom in the living room, BEFORE

One bathroom gutted

New crawl space, plumbing and floor

Walls framed, backerboard done.  Half bath on the left. 

The mudroom

And we have a floor in the kitchen, almost.  OK, maybe it will be a while.

Used to be an entry door to the garage, now a wider entry to mudroom on right, & garage on left.

From the garage.... (entry, mudroom.  Kitchen is on the right)

And just for kicks..... you can see that Curtis is under close supervision!

1 comment: