Sunday, December 19, 2010

After-Thanksgiving Day Sales

On the Saturday after, we were in Lowe's to pick up some things Curtis needs for the house.  While Curtis was running around getting what he needed, me and Janice were walking back to the appliance section.  I walked right on past the clearance rack and its little sign that said "everything 90% off lowest marked price."

What can I say? I am not a shopper. But Janice is. 

She stopped to look at some solar lights and she tried to get me to be interested, but they weren't my style, so I tried to continue on to the appliances. The next time she got my attention, she had a very nice beaded glass sconce that would be very pretty in my house.  I told her it would just be better if there were two of them, but she finally convinced me to take the light home, and if I didn't use it in my house, she would use it in hers. And at that price, I would have been crazy to argue.  

Original Price:  $88.20        Clearance Price:  $17.90    FINAL PRICE:  $1.79!!!!

So, I got the light, and Janice kept rummaging through that clearance rack. Me... I was getting bored fast.   Because I love shopping so much.  But while I was wandering aimlessly, waiting for Janice, I happened to look way up high in the lighting section, where I just happened to find THREE MORE lights.  And yes, the manager said they could all go for the same price of $1.79 each.  

Thank goodness for Janice..... I would have walked right  on by and never seen them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment