Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Glimpse into the Past

The Hyrum House, date unknown.



The Hyrum House was built in 1890, by a farmer whose name was Jens or James Jensen.  I am still working on digging up the history of this home, so we still know very little about the house.  I know it was originally made of brick, and because the home has been added onto many times, so one of the former owners covered it in siding at some point.  When I have gathered all the stories I can, I will post the story of our home.

In the process of buying the house, Curtis founds some photos in the county treasurer's office, and yesterday, we were lucky enough to get a copy.  I took the photo to my friend, Sean Hales, who is a genius with Photoshop.  He scanned the photo for me and enlarged it just a bit.  I mean, let's face it.... I can take a good photo, but I haven't mastered the editting possibilities. He has. 

So..... check out the house.  And while you are at it, look closely at the car in the lower left corner. Based on that, what era do you think this photo was taken??  Comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment