Sunday, October 24, 2010

Did I mention that it's raining a little bit?

OK, more like a an almost steady downpour.  Day two.  I know Curtis tarped the roof the best he could, but I have just been worried about it today and I kept feeling like I needed to go check on everything.  So I did.  

Why, I don't know. 

As soon as I stepped inside the house, I could hear water hitting the floor.  In multiple places.  This can't be good.   That spot where Curtis ripped out the kitchen cabinet and found a door?  Water is just running down the walls. Dripping of the wires.  I didn't even dare turn on the lights to see just how bad it was.  The counter top was wet. The pile of insulation on the floor?  All wet.  The laminate floor 3-4 feet in front of the counters?  Wet, all the way to the wall. From the new old door all the way over to where the fridge is supposed to be. 

I hear dripping in the pantry. But its dark and I am not going in there. 

More dripping at the wall over by the laundry room... the carpet is saturated here, in a space at leat 3' x 3', maybe just larger than that.  Squishy saturated. But I could at least put a bucket here and catch the water.

There was more leaking at the sky lights in the laundry room.  But I KNOW all of that is getting replaced so I am not too worried about all of that.  

The floor is wet over by the door going into the garage. But I couldnt figure out for sure where it was coming from. 

Now, where the water is running down the wall, there is brick there, the old exterior wall.  That should be OK.  Not sure about the floor... it might be concrete under the laminate but I dont really know.  The other spot? I dont know about that either.

Now..... I understand this is not entirely as bad  as it could be.  I mean, the house is OLD.  It has not been taken care of.  So many things are being replaced anyway.  But still, it just freaks me out because Curtis isn't here and it is hard to guess what he would want me to worry about. 

If I thought he would be home today or tomorrow, I wouldn't worry so much.  But.... when he says "I'll see you when I see you," I have no idea what to expect.  It could be several more days of rain and waiter before he gets home.  

And so, I just worry about everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment